Thursday 21 January 2016

Catching the sunrise at The Spit, Main Beach

We woke at 1:30 in the morning, got ready, and
 left home at 2:50am to head to The Spit at Main Beach, 
determined to catch the sunrise. 

I LOVE the beach 
and the last time I was at the Gold Coast 
was way back in 2007! 
Far too long and, after our visit this morning, 
we plan to do it more often.

The Spit was still in darkness when we arrived around 4am.
Note the star in the sky

The sun started to rise around 4:50am

The clouds on the horizon meant we had 
to wait a little longer to see the sun fully. 

And it didn't disappoint...
Bradley is on the left; Aaron and Eliana on the right.

It was amazing to see the rich colours 



It was so beautiful and almost blinding...

I was in awe....

Getting sand between my toes...hehe  
There were lots of seagulls about. 

We had a great time! 
It's now 4 o'clock in the afternoon 
and I'm feeling quite tired after our early morning start. 

**********************************************

I have been sketching but haven't taken photos yet...
I hope to be back tomorrow to show you them. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Serena what a beautiful post - makes me want to get up early - so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What an adventure! Great photos. I almost felt blinded by the sun, too, and could hear the seagulls. :)

    ReplyDelete