Friday 5 November 2010

It's Blog Lovin' Time


My darling daughter, Michelle, has been busy preparing for the arrival of her baby girl and, in a recent post, she shares a step-by-step tutorial for making reusable baby wipes. Check it out here. These have to be so much better for baby's bottie than the commercial baby wipes.
------------------------------------------------------

Dawn tempts our tastebuds with a decadent cheesecake recipe - Kahlua Cheesecake w/- Kahlua Fudge Sauce. YUMMO!!
------------------------------------------------------ 

Years ago, I had some interesting books on craft creations using salt dough but, unfortunately, I had to sell them before our move to the States. I was tickled to see that Anna over at Anna Rosa Designs has made and painted some tags from....you guessed it....salt dough! Check the tags and the recipe out here.
------------------------------------------------------

Do you like homemade pizza right down to the dough? Well, hop on over to Rhonda's blog - Down To Earth - for a step-by-step recipe including a Jam-Roly-Poly recipe. We always loved when Mum made Jam Roly-poly from her left-over apple pie dough. I adore Rhonda's blog! It's all about getting back to living a simple life.
------------------------------------------------------

Perpetual Chocoholic does the most amazing coloured pencil paintings. Be sure to check out this latest work-in-progress. Sandi is an incredible artist and, to think, she had a tantrum recently which involved literally throwing her art out of the window proclaiming that she 'hates art'.  Thankfully, her muse always wins the battle. Read about that here.
------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't posted over the past couple of weeks.  
I've been feeling out of sorts with health issues and life in general.

I'll post soon to let you know what I've been up to.

I hope you all enjoyed a Happy Halloween!

~ Love, light and peace ~

12 comments:

  1. Take care Serena..you have had alot going on in your life with the wedding and the nerw grandbaby...thanks for the good ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Serena. I think that's a great idea on providing blogger's great sites as you are. I'll probably stop by a few and your daughter's work is a great idea and looks great. I hope you feel better, I too have been under the weather but am finally getting back to normal. Get well soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better now Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be something about mums, I still make Roly Polys with left over pastry. It's one of those comfort foods, reminds you of childhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better, Lady! So glad to see a post, soon-to-be-grandma. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those salt dough tags are soooo pretty and would be an amazing "add on" to a gift.
    Thanks for the links to some amazing creative minds out there and I hope you get to try the cheesecake~ it was so very good.
    Peace~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing all the great links. That cheesecake sounds so good!

    I have been wondering about you. I hope you're feeling better soon. I miss you and miss seeing all your beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Serena, thanks for taking the time to stop by my corner of the world and for your kind thoughts. There are so many days when I feel quite melancholy. No reason for it usually, but just something there that makes me blah. I just do my best to overcome. Love those outdoor photos of Michelle and her husband in your previous post. Think I'll go visit some of your recommended blogs now. Have a great weekend. Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Serena! You are just wonderful. I so appreciate you stopping by my blog and sharing such positive messages. Thank you also for your business advice. I hope that you are feeling better. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of Jam-Roly-Poly's, but they sound good. I'll have to go and check them out!

    Feel better soon! When is Michelle due?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Serena,
    I want to thank you for the link to my blog space and your kind words.
    I love your "Blog Love" creation.
    Soo fitting for us bloggers!
    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Serena,

    I really enjoyed catching up with your site. I like this series about Blog Love....that's such a great idea. All that creativity and talent is just overwhelming. I didn't realize that your daughter also blogs...that's really cool:~)

    ReplyDelete